I’m sure you are familiar with the ending of that phrase. “Today is the first day… of the rest of your life.” Right? This is an accurate statement, for sure. It’s also almost the first day of a new year!
Sooo… what are your plans for New Years Eve?
· Kissing someone
· Watching the ball drop on TV
· Spending time in quiet contemplation
· Thinking about the year gone by
· Making a plan for 2024
· Or the ever famous… all of the above
You certainly could do any or all of the things on this list. Whatever you do, I hope you have fun.
I also hope you put some thought into the upcoming year.
I’m not referring to your New Year’s Resolution. Many people make resolutions and then they fall by the wayside, leaving people feeling disappointed in themselves. That’s not what starting a new (anything) is about. No one wants to see you start out and quit before you have reached your goal.
Here’s one you’ve probably heard too… “Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.” Right?
If you have looked at 2023 and decided to make some positive changes in 2024, make a plan!
Here’s a few tips to help you be successful:
· Write your plan down
· List out the steps you will take
· Tell someone else (accountability is key)
· Periodically evaluate
· If you’ve missed a step consider why
· Seek guidance if needed
· Make adjustments as necessary
· Keep moving towards the goal
In your personal and/or professional life… make 2024 a year of success for you! You CAN do it!
I’ll leave you with one more saying…
If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.